I wrote this last night for a class project. I like it, but it seems like it needs some...oomph. Little more detail...
I am a sword of steel ringing right and true,
I wonder what life has in store,
I hear the pain crashing through you like the merciless waves on the shore,
I see anger’s rugged path winding its way through you,
I want to feel your love, not your blood,
I am a sword of steel ringing right and true,
I pretend to be the air in your lungs, giving you life,
I feel like every day is a never ending battle,
I touch the warmth of my worry that is my guide back to the light,
I worry I won’t be able to again climb back in the saddle,
I cry from the nightmares of everything I hate turning into you,
I am a sword of steel ringing right and ringing true,
I understand I’ve got to be strong,
I say whatever is troubling my battle weary mind,
I dream of the day we vanquish from the world all that is wrong,
I try to inspire the troops of the light with my every written line,
I hope my message will finally get through,
I am a sword of steel ringing right and true
No comments:
Post a Comment