I wrote this in remembrance of our childhood. I miss being a kid sometimes yet being older has its benefits. Tell me what you think and if you could go back would you go back.
It's amazing to me,
Looking back on how things used to be,
When we were young the world was all fun,
Some would call that naive and dumb,
To me those few years were a gift,
Right before the horrid shift,
Into reality,
Into normality
Childhood was so unique and safe,
Playing and running, just going your own pace,
Imigaintation and creation being so important,
Like playing a spy and being and informant,
Remember back to all those summer days,
All the childish games we would play
What would you do if you could go back,
And again play with your train and its tracks?
What would you change,
Or would you leave it all the same?
I miss the days on the swings,
And the way everyone used to sing,
We were invincible,
So untouchable
Then one day we had to grow up,
Now a full grown dog, no longer a pup,
Hating reality,
Missing inculpability,
I wouldn't go back if I had the chance,
Like wearing old, torn pants,
It is pointless because you've already used it,
Now you have to wear the pair that fit
Trying to color outside the lines,
And playing Tarzan, swinging from vines,
Now it seems your swallowed by misery,
Dwelling on an unchanging history,
Look to the future,
It is the part of life that is unsure,
You get to make it,
You get to mix it, stir it, and reshape it.
Being an adult is just like being a kid,
Only this time your big.
haha, I love it. =) It is true. You shouldn't try to go back and be a kid again. Tough it, you outgrew that pair of jeans. Now pick yourself up, buy some new ones, and flaunt them to the world, and love them (and yourself) the way you should.
ReplyDelete