I have been working on this one for a while, and I think it's still a work in progress. Let me know what you think, what it needs, and what is wrong with the flow. I think this one has really good potential, it just needs to flow. (It has to flow.) Love you peoples, let me know. ;)
Through blood and tears,
Through it all,
Through it all,
You rise above the battle,
tasting sweet victory,
watching your enemies fall,
Drenched in their tainted blood,
You become the power behind their fears,
You shriek out your battle call,
Covered in soot and mud,
Shaking with no mercy,
They clammier to their knees to attempt to crawl,
You raise your sword to strike,
Putting an end to their life,
Your victory helps you to stand tall,
No pride in what you have done,
Like a bullet released from the chamber of a gun,
You're meant to kill,
You've learned not to feel,
Blood covers you like a crimson shall,
Your glistening armor dulled to gray,
Screaming and running through the thick of the war,
Your demand echos through the stone walls,
Demanding to be heard,
Demanding to be known and not ignored,
You stand tall,
Letting them know all you stand for,
Not giving up or giving in,
You thunder down the enemy's hall,
Plundering the castle,
You see eyes covered in the haze of death,
It is only a reminder to you that you must not fall,
Nothing short of the extent of your strength will in this battle,
Nothing short of all your heart,
And all your soul,
Knowing if you fail we will lose it all,
You see your fellow soldier,
He's declaring victory,
Screaming in the glory of their defeat,
It is not over yet,
You've climbed too high up the ladder,
To fall would mean a quick death,
You find your horse screaming in her stall,
The moans of those fallen all around you cause your heart to shatter,
Riding tall on your stead,
You lop off the heads of all who confront you,
They roll and bounce as if they're nothing more than a gory ball,
You ride from the painful scene,
Yet it seems to follow like a pack of hungry wolves,
Hunting and haunting you,
I do not envy the things I know you had to do,
You fought for the right,
Vanquishing the wrong,
And for that I will be forever thankful,
You are the reason I've found pride in the lands,
Now I'm holding you lifeless in my hands,
Tears streaming,
Blood flowing,
I know you said things you didn't mean,
The pain in my heart is as steady as a stream,
Flooding and gurgling through me,
I stand like a bear and begin to maul,
Not even registering their screaming,
You were my lifeblood, now I fear all is lost,
We will continue to let this war rage,
And it is in your name,
I will claim our victory,
And demand their surrendering defeat
tasting sweet victory,
watching your enemies fall,
Drenched in their tainted blood,
You become the power behind their fears,
You shriek out your battle call,
Covered in soot and mud,
Shaking with no mercy,
They clammier to their knees to attempt to crawl,
You raise your sword to strike,
Putting an end to their life,
Your victory helps you to stand tall,
No pride in what you have done,
Like a bullet released from the chamber of a gun,
You're meant to kill,
You've learned not to feel,
Blood covers you like a crimson shall,
Your glistening armor dulled to gray,
Screaming and running through the thick of the war,
Your demand echos through the stone walls,
Demanding to be heard,
Demanding to be known and not ignored,
You stand tall,
Letting them know all you stand for,
Not giving up or giving in,
You thunder down the enemy's hall,
Plundering the castle,
You see eyes covered in the haze of death,
It is only a reminder to you that you must not fall,
Nothing short of the extent of your strength will in this battle,
Nothing short of all your heart,
And all your soul,
Knowing if you fail we will lose it all,
You see your fellow soldier,
He's declaring victory,
Screaming in the glory of their defeat,
It is not over yet,
You've climbed too high up the ladder,
To fall would mean a quick death,
You find your horse screaming in her stall,
The moans of those fallen all around you cause your heart to shatter,
Riding tall on your stead,
You lop off the heads of all who confront you,
They roll and bounce as if they're nothing more than a gory ball,
You ride from the painful scene,
Yet it seems to follow like a pack of hungry wolves,
Hunting and haunting you,
I do not envy the things I know you had to do,
You fought for the right,
Vanquishing the wrong,
And for that I will be forever thankful,
You are the reason I've found pride in the lands,
Now I'm holding you lifeless in my hands,
Tears streaming,
Blood flowing,
I know you said things you didn't mean,
The pain in my heart is as steady as a stream,
Flooding and gurgling through me,
I stand like a bear and begin to maul,
Not even registering their screaming,
You were my lifeblood, now I fear all is lost,
We will continue to let this war rage,
And it is in your name,
I will claim our victory,
And demand their surrendering defeat
No comments:
Post a Comment