Night Fallen

So this blog was meant to be totally private but I got talked into letting it be public, please don't let me regret that. A lot of my poetry is really dark and depressing but that is because I tapped into that particular emotion when writing it. It does NOT mean that I am depressed or anything of the sort. Keep that in mind. This is a run off from theamazingstaci.blogspot.com and because of that it is still written and copyrighted to and by The Amazing Staci. My work is really important to me, it is how I express myself when I can't just break down and cry, or tell someone how I feel. A lot of this stuff just comes to me but it does serve a purpose to help us as human beings to become better as individuals. Love you all I hope you enjoy what I write. =) Tell me what you think via comment. I LOVE COMMENTS! They help The Amazing Staci Stay Amazing. :D So please help me stay Amazing.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Listen with your heart.

I found this in a notebook of mine. I like it and I thought the message is important. Let me know what Y'all think.

What is the puttering of the rain trying to tell us?
What is the wind whispering in our ears?
Why is the grass so green, sweet, and soft?
Why is the sun's bright orange so hot and inviting?
The beauty of nature tries and tries again to tell us to stop and listen,
to what it has to say. 
Our busy lives tend to ignore the beauty, 
of a starry night and the chaos of the roaring river.
The silence of the snowy plains and the sweet smell of rain.
We think it ignores us,
When really we are the ones not heeding its frantic calls.
Too absorbed in our concrete jungles to go out and see God's wonderful creations.
So stop and listen to the wolf's lonely cry,
Or the sparrow's chattering song.
Most of us have never smelled the sweet scent of a desert rain,
Or felt the butterfly's wings upon our fingers.
Nor taken a run through the dense autumn forests,
Or felt the cool rain cover our faces while laying in a mountain meadow.
Most have not tasted that of the deer, or felt the soft pelt of a raccoon.
Day in and day out we go through life obliviouse to the quiet of God's mountins,
And the feel of a baby chipmunk in our palm.
My heart goes out to those people,
For in ignoring such beauty, they have not lived.
I chalange you to listen to the world around you,
To hear all there is to hear,
To feel all there is to feel.
Listen to all the Earth with nothing less than your heart,
And nothing more than your soul.
Take a walk outside of the human stones,
And hear what God has to say

No comments:

Post a Comment