Night Fallen

So this blog was meant to be totally private but I got talked into letting it be public, please don't let me regret that. A lot of my poetry is really dark and depressing but that is because I tapped into that particular emotion when writing it. It does NOT mean that I am depressed or anything of the sort. Keep that in mind. This is a run off from theamazingstaci.blogspot.com and because of that it is still written and copyrighted to and by The Amazing Staci. My work is really important to me, it is how I express myself when I can't just break down and cry, or tell someone how I feel. A lot of this stuff just comes to me but it does serve a purpose to help us as human beings to become better as individuals. Love you all I hope you enjoy what I write. =) Tell me what you think via comment. I LOVE COMMENTS! They help The Amazing Staci Stay Amazing. :D So please help me stay Amazing.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Insides

My silence cuts the air like a blade,
I watch your smile fade,
As you take my hand and tell me the sweetest lie,
You tell me it will all be fine,
That I will survive this form of hurt, this torture,
Well you're wrong sir,
I am already dead, it killed me within,
You catch my chin,
As I drop it to hide from those eyes,
I can't talk with the fear I'll cry,
You tell me to speak my mind,
I laugh as I think you're too kind,
You have no idea what you're getting into,
I laugh at all the things I wish you knew,
A tear slides down my face,
And I finally admit I'm not okay,
I tell you why I hide,
Show you the clouds and wounds of my insides,
I open up to you,
With no idea of how you'll react or what you'll do,
It is so scary to let you see,
See the dead girl inside of me,
You don't get why she died,
Out of me you slip the information that is most classified,
Like a secret agent sent to fix the pain,
I laugh at the idea of how you'd be trained,
I may not be on my exterior,
But I'm crying, though it is better to have you here,
I am still not sure it was smart to let you see,
All the damage that was done to me,
For now you know I'm a broken stone,
With too many cracks and costing too much for anyone to care to own,
I'm no shining red ruby,
I'm no sparkling beauty,
I am covered in the ashes of my burned dreams,
Caring no longer what that means for me,
You get distant,
And a pain in my ribs grows from your absence,
I beg you to think of all my scars,
Before you wander off too far,
For they have made me weak with agony,
And your leaving would shatter my scant sanity,
I hate you for making me want to pull you in so closely,
But I can't help wondering if you too get lonely,
For now you are a friend,
Nothing more, nothing less when it comes to the end,
But I hope one day you will be more,
Because you've seen my heart and all the blood it pores,
You know my grief, agony, and insanity,
You know what is lost to all but me,
And I don't blame you for not wanting a broken girl,
I'm a clam not your shining pearl,
The one I know every guy is looking for,
The girl who will keep you from walking out the door,
But I enjoy your company,
Even in the depths of misery,
So thank you,
You helped more than you ever knew

No comments:

Post a Comment