I walk watching my shadow stand tall,
Feeling so inferior,
Feeling oh so small,
I dry the tears,
But I'm swallowed by my deepest fears,
Struggling to stay on top,
Drowning in all my failure,
I want to scream,
Just to let it out,
I can't handle my own impression of me,
Wanting to be someone else,
Like trying to fill in someone's big shoes,
Wanting to stand strong,
When I know I'm just stupid and weak,
Wanting to run but having no feet,
Lost in my failure,
I know I can't be who I want to be,
Want to be what I'm not,
Feeling useless like the moon during the day,
Feeling worthless like salt in the sea,
Feeling so mute,
No one can hear me,
Crying my soul,
Shaking my bones,
Misery sets in and I try to run,
Feeling cut down like a blade of grass,
Wanting to rise above what I feel,
But knowing it will follow me wherever I go,
Missing part of me,
Missing all that I used to be,
Wondering where my strength went,
Wanting innocence,
Wanting sweet ignorance,
Wanting the sun when all i have is the moon,
Wanting gold but left with stone,
Wanting to touch the clouds,
But having no way to reach them,
Wanting to feel complete,
But having yet to find him,
Hating emotion,
Walking to the stars,
Running so far,
Hating who I am,
Longing for who I am to become,
Lost in life,
So very far from death,
Tasting sweat,
Feeling blood,
Cold and hot,
Stone and sponge,
Lost to be never found,
Listening for any sound,
Looking for the slightest light,
Feeling so alone,
Who am I?
Who was I?
Who am I to become?
I'm a mystery with no end,
A puzzle without pieces,
A storm without rain,
Walking this Earth with no path,
Wandering with no destination,
Nor direction or motivation,
Screaming to no ears,
Listening to no voice,
I have become lost to this world,
So it is on to the next
Feeling so inferior,
Feeling oh so small,
I dry the tears,
But I'm swallowed by my deepest fears,
Struggling to stay on top,
Drowning in all my failure,
I want to scream,
Just to let it out,
I can't handle my own impression of me,
Wanting to be someone else,
Like trying to fill in someone's big shoes,
Wanting to stand strong,
When I know I'm just stupid and weak,
Wanting to run but having no feet,
Lost in my failure,
I know I can't be who I want to be,
Want to be what I'm not,
Feeling useless like the moon during the day,
Feeling worthless like salt in the sea,
Feeling so mute,
No one can hear me,
Crying my soul,
Shaking my bones,
Misery sets in and I try to run,
Feeling cut down like a blade of grass,
Wanting to rise above what I feel,
But knowing it will follow me wherever I go,
Missing part of me,
Missing all that I used to be,
Wondering where my strength went,
Wanting innocence,
Wanting sweet ignorance,
Wanting the sun when all i have is the moon,
Wanting gold but left with stone,
Wanting to touch the clouds,
But having no way to reach them,
Wanting to feel complete,
But having yet to find him,
Hating emotion,
Walking to the stars,
Running so far,
Hating who I am,
Longing for who I am to become,
Lost in life,
So very far from death,
Tasting sweat,
Feeling blood,
Cold and hot,
Stone and sponge,
Lost to be never found,
Listening for any sound,
Looking for the slightest light,
Feeling so alone,
Who am I?
Who was I?
Who am I to become?
I'm a mystery with no end,
A puzzle without pieces,
A storm without rain,
Walking this Earth with no path,
Wandering with no destination,
Nor direction or motivation,
Screaming to no ears,
Listening to no voice,
I have become lost to this world,
So it is on to the next
No comments:
Post a Comment