I wrote this one today. I like it and the meaning in it is important to me. I am one of those people who thinks you should grab life by the horns and just ride it wherever it may take you. Love you guys, hope you listen. ;)
I just want to live life,
Not just endure it,
Life is the rhythm in the rain,
The happiness outlining the pain,
Life is the lingering smile on your face,
And finding love in an unsuspected place,
Learning the place you fit,
And standing up hit after hit,
Life is learning to put down the anger when it raises it's ugly head,
And lifting the hearts that feel like sullen lead,
When a voice whispers you can't do it,
Don't you dare lose it,
You are stronger than you know,
You've just got to let it show,
Shine your sun to warm the world,
Show your soul, let it become unfurled,
I may be shy to your face,
But I have to let it all out on this page,
I know you will never understand my passion,
It is built into me like a magazine's fashion,
Burning within me like the unstoppable sun,
Life is meant to be fun,
I want to scream it as loud as I can,
Hear it sung by my favorite band,
And most of all I want to see it written on your face,
For that is its true place,
I want to live life,
Not just endure it
Not just endure it,
Life is the rhythm in the rain,
The happiness outlining the pain,
Life is the lingering smile on your face,
And finding love in an unsuspected place,
Learning the place you fit,
And standing up hit after hit,
Life is learning to put down the anger when it raises it's ugly head,
And lifting the hearts that feel like sullen lead,
When a voice whispers you can't do it,
Don't you dare lose it,
You are stronger than you know,
You've just got to let it show,
Shine your sun to warm the world,
Show your soul, let it become unfurled,
I may be shy to your face,
But I have to let it all out on this page,
I know you will never understand my passion,
It is built into me like a magazine's fashion,
Burning within me like the unstoppable sun,
Life is meant to be fun,
I want to scream it as loud as I can,
Hear it sung by my favorite band,
And most of all I want to see it written on your face,
For that is its true place,
I want to live life,
Not just endure it
No comments:
Post a Comment